Sunday, August 31, 2008

Things that perplex me...

Why does it take going into the fasting month for someone to start apologizing for past mistakes?

Why does it take going into the month of Ramadan, for one to start contacting all their old friends (the ones they don't bother saying hi to or messaging before that), just to apologize....Does it make one feel like one is part of the larger group, apologizing because everyone else is doing it?

Why does it take Ramadan, to make one suddenly grow compassion and love? Whatever happened to the other days in the year?

Is it justifiable for us to act nonchalant and uncaring in other times, because we can make up for it during Ramadan anyway? If you're saying it's a holy, blessed month (which is true), it's the same as saying, hey I can screw up for the rest of the year, do good things for one month, and get back to screwing around after that.

Because in all honestly, that's what happens...Most of the time.

Sounds....hypocritical...don't you think? I mean my grasp of religion is BAD, but this is just plain...wrong. Don't even get me started on all the good deeds and religious acts....

It perplexes me. Truly.

To quote a friend and fellow blogger. Same thing happens with Valentines Day (I'm not comparing. Don't flame me with comparing Valentine's day with Ramadan, I'm NOT. I'm just painting a picture to make it clearer)... It's a day when people take the opportunity to SELL love, when love should be celebrated everyday.

No comments: