Sunday, August 17, 2008

So...where are we?

Confound it! I hate moments such as this.

I'm staring at the 8th scene for the short story, where the entire story has been building up to. And now, with the climax imminent...I'm stuck.

After churning out 500 words each night, I thought I was on a role. I mean, come on! I'm only three scenes away from being DONE!

Ra'kir: This is the part where she goes a little crazy folks.

Arrgh, how the hell do you writers do this??

On an unrelated note, it's wonderful to see new, young writers making it big on the scene. I have been dazzled by Scott Lynch's Gentleman Bastards sequence and Patrick Rothfuss' Name of the Wind. They're both an inspiration, truly, even more so because their stories are different. More importantly they don't revolve around the cliches of great fantasy epics like elves, dwarves, magical rings, the all-popular "prophecy" and so and so forth.

I can't wait to read the works of other young writers.

On another topic. One of Leonardo daVinci's seven principles in becoming a genius is the
sensazione - The continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as a means to enliven experience.

This is such a paradoxical trait to have, for migraine sufferers especially, because whenever one's senses become refined and tuned enough in order to experience situations in a more heightened, enlivened way, it can only mean one thing - A migraine attack. Egad! What a scary thought.

Ra'kir: Get back to the story, woman! You're rambling!

Me: Alright already!

No comments: