Sunday, August 10, 2008

And here we are again...

After much consideration (one which took only a couple of minutes, really), I have decided to get myself a proper blog here.

It's primarily because people can't seem to find the one in my facebook...So here it is! Hope this lasts. I've lost count to the number of blogs I've terminated in the last 5 years.

Corny name for a blog, I know. I've run out of creative juices. It'll change soon, when my imagination starts kicking in.

Okay, here's this morning's entry, which I wrote in facebook:

Currently listening to: Bach's Concerto for 3 Harpsichords.

First off, it’s tradition for me and Julie to do this each year – Our birthday wishlist. Don’t get us wrong. We don’t expect anything…This is purely for fun :D And it’s basically a reminder for me as to what I want and need to get as well, since I have such a bad…recollection of things.

Ra’kir: My, aren’t we full of it today XD

Me: Shush! Hey, you’re up early.

Ra’kir: *points to short story* You have to get back to that, missy.

Me: Okay, in a bit!

Anyway, wish list:
1.Janny Wurts’ Stormed Fortress
2.Patrick Rothfuss’ Wise Man’s Fear (not out yet. Coming soon though)
3.Any volume of L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future anthologies. (It’s so hard to find these books here!)
4.A simple dinner with friends. That’ll be the icing on the cake.

That’s all I can think of. See? I’m a woman with simple needs XD Despite Julie’s and Jocelyn’s insistence that I require a new set of clothes, dresses, shoes, and all the paraphernalia that makes a woman a woman, I’m a happy camper as long as I get new material to read every month or so. That…would explain why the slab of wood that’s hanging over my head is overflowing with books….

Ra’kir: And junk…

Me: Growls.

I have a bad recollection of things. I mentioned that earlier, but this is getting serious. The other day a junior of mine (junior in uni) stopped me at McDonalds to say hi. My normal reaction is normally to stare at these people blankly, trying desperately to recall who he/she is. This isn’t the first time this has happened. So far I’ve counted 3 such encounters in Media Prima…Juniors who apparently know so much about me….But I have no recollection of them. (I’m so sorry guys!)

You’ll have to forgive me. I…tend to wander through life meeting a LOT of people…and well, it’s hard to sort faces out in the spur of the moment….Harder still for me to dig through my memory bank to somehow recall how I was connected to these people.

It sounds cruel, but trust me, it just slips my mind. I blame the migraine medicines I had to take when I was younger. As a result of those wrongly-prescribed pills, I couldn’t even remember much of my high school years – to the frustration of Jules of course, because at times she’d say “hey, remember that one time in school…” then she’d stop herself, watch as my face break out into that silly, sheepish, I-don’t-know-what-you’re-talking-about grin, roll her eyes and say “cheh, nevermind la” If you think that sounds bad, I can’t even remember half of my relatives. *sheepish grin*

On the short story: 3800 words so far. I might make it to 4000 today. *dances*

The competition looks extremely tough.

1 comment:

invanderkoeck said...

hahahahahahaha eraaaaaa! that made me laugh so hard! hahahahahahaha!